Thursday 13 May 2010

6 Nigel O Loughlin

Thanks  to   Oxford  Dave   for   the  photo

Position : Midfield

Played : 1976-77 to 1981-2

Appearances : 245

Goals : 17

Although born in Rochdale Nigel made his league debut for Shrewsbury. After 4 seasons as a fringe player there he came to Rochdale for first team football and certainly got it ; I think he is still 6th in our all time appearances list. Like Alan Weir he was released by Bob Stokoe then reprieved by Peter Madden.

Not too much more I can say about Nigel as my first game was his last for Dale ( and his last in the Football League) but at least he signed off with a goal. He moved on to Ashton United.

1 comment:

  1. I remember Nigel playing in the same Denbigh Town side as me in the Wrexham Area. I don't think he ever changed his hairstyle!!

    ReplyDelete